Saturday, July 25, 2026

Magnus Takes a Short Sea Rim Break, Day 4

Sunday July 12

Birds seen: Magnificent Frigatebird (2), Least Tern, Black-necked Stilt, Laughing Gull, Royal Tern, Brown Pelican, Yellowthroat (heard), Boat-tailed Grackle, Dowitcher, sp unknown.
Eastern Kingbird, Roseate Spoonbill.

Slow waffle breakfast; short jog; swimming. Very hot outside and the gulf water was bathtub warm, but when I got out of it, the air seemed a little cold. Not for long, of course.

We didn't stay long, about an hour maybe. Then we went back and ate lunch. Later we took a walk to find gators and got caught on the boardwalk by thunderstorms moving through. The lightning made us turn back.

But we got only a little wet before we made it home. Then I read books all afternoon until Molly's walk and then suppertime. Nice day. Except for the biting bugs on our evening walk. I don't know what they're called--they are little triangular moth like things.

Molly sees.........a buddy!


I think these are alligator tracks.  See the line for the tail?

 

No comments: