Monday July 13
Woke up to heavy cloud cover and a looming atmosphere. At about 8:30 went to visit
the pit toilet and got trapped inside by a downpour. But I’d had the brains to
take the umbrella along.
I made it back with the umbrella protecting my phone but my socks were sopping
wet. I wrung them out in the sink. I really need to buy some thinner socks for
everyday use.
Then it really started raining. And thundering and lightning-ing. I've
never seen such rain. (Almost) The motorhome's bedroom slide-out was leaking
water all over the floor and no wonder—it was pouring off the roof. Wow.
Third day with no sewer. We don’t typically go four days without dumping but it
should be possible. We are conserving water in every way possible--dumping the
dehumidifier reservoir outside; keeping a bowl in the sink for dishwater; going
to the latrine for number 2 and even number 1 except at night. It should work.
We thought this was a Javelina but it was just a small wild hog:
Later (after the rain ended) we took a driver to McFaddin. It's just down the road--practically within walking distance. But the horrid biting bugs were there, en masses. At least I saw a bird, two of them--Least Bittern.
Then we returned to finish our boardwalk walk from the day before. White Ibis. Clapper Rail. Black Tern. Cool.
Later Molly and i did our sunset walk except there was no sunset. It was
spitting bits of rain--not pleasant but not exactly unpleasant. Low tide; huge
beach; waves far away and not too noisy. No people on beach whatsoever. Nice,
kind of.
Next time here we should get site 11 (best view) or 12 (OK view and by pond)

No comments:
Post a Comment