Monday, July 27, 2026

Magnus Takes a Short Sea Rim Break, Day 6

Tuesday July 14

Last day at the ocean. A tremendous thunderstorm came through in the night. At one point I got up thinking that the power was off but happily I was wrong. When morning came, there was still no sunshine but the storms were supposed to move out around noon. I'll was glad to have my chair dry out so my butt wouldn’t keep getting wet.

LATER:
It's almost noon and I'm still waiting for the rain to stop. I'd give up except I want to take my camera this time and it's not water resistant.

Green-winged Teal. Great excitement...until Ed noticed it was just a very realistic decoy someone left floating in the pond. Blah.

Two dowitcher in the puddles. All the rain left puddles on the roads all over, deep ones, and mostly full of fish. Birds most excited. I even saw stilts out on the roads.

Dowitcher, species unknown 

Black-necked Stilt 
Plover, species unknown 
Tern, species unknown 
 
Other than walking around looking for birds and a short jog on the highway, we didn't do anything. It was that kind of day.

Ghost crab on the beach 

No comments: