Wednesday July 15
Amazing. I got up thinking I would finally see the sun again, and there were
huge thunderous clouds to the south. Looming. We are probably in for it again.
I just hope it passes through before time to unhook and dump.
I wonder what the beach looked like before stupid men started pumping up oil in
distant lands and spilling it in the ocean?
The storm did pass. It was a hard-ish drive up to Mission Tejas SP, but we had
a nice stop at the Big Thicket Visitor Center for a pee and dog walk. It was a good
place to stop--just off the road and with pull-thru spaces for busses and RVs.
We didn't go inside but we should some day.
Then on to Love’s in Lufkin, where I paid eleven dollars for three candy bars.
Remind me never to do that again.
Site 8 is very nice but Starlink might hit trees. Site 10 is shadier but has northen exposure at the front so it would be better.
But it's a nice place. When the rain stopped I walked El Camino Real for a little way then went to the building that the CCC built memorializing the Mission Tejas that used to be here. In the 1690s. The sign said that the exact mission site was unknown but they suspect it was a little west of the park boundary.
Then Molly and I walked to the bird blind and the fire tower hill (towers are
gone now), and that was a serious uphill slog. But it was only half a mile. We
came back by the playground and a pretty little pond there. The whole walk only
took an hour.


No comments:
Post a Comment