Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 6 of Dog - and major progress, I think.

I had her outside for hours today. I had to carry her out, it's true, but once out there, she seemed to enjoy herself. The fits of the trembles only lasted a few minutes, at first--but then Egar got out there with the riding lawnmower and I got out picking up sticks before he could tear up the lawnmower blades crunching up the sticks, and Dog came out and ran around. I almost thought she went toward the lawnmower a couple of times.

So then I cut down trees and weeds in the mess beside the backyard fence. It has been ignored for years--don't ask why--and there's a goodly sized scrub oak tree growing up there and about a million sturdy ragweeds. I excavated, cut and mowed until I exposed a bunch of old lumber that had been laying on the ground for four or five years. I picked that up and advanced, finding a whole slew of plant pots, and that was a find! There were some perfectly sized pots and three holders I'd saved from purchases at the store. If I decide to start plants indoors this winter they'll be perfect.

Speaking of gardening--I walked out to the garden for some reason or other and discovered that all the ground I'd tilled last month was covered with some sort of little annual weed. It's only a couple of inches tall and will die out when it frosts, but still! It looks like I never did anything!

No comments: