Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 19 of Dog

This morning cleaned a large pile of poop--fresh and warm. I brought her in at nine-thirty last night, so she managed ten hours. A bit long to hold onto that much poop. I fed them last night at six-thrity...hmmm... I have the luxury this week of feeding her a little earlier but not too much or that will be a big schedule change when I go back to work.

We started our leash training today. Starting with heel, not come--I hope the experts don't object to that. I have to get her walking on a leash before I can board her at the vet's.

So for a half hour, that's what we did. I tried to get her to come down off the steps, but my patience gave out and I just carried her. Then, it was like this: take a step forward and hold the cheese at my left side. Wait. After a minute, pick her up and move her forward. Reward her. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

A couple of times she stepped forward on her own accord---only a couple of times--but she got an especial treat for that.

We'll do it all over again tomorrow.

No comments: