Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 8 of Dog - finally!

I got up this morning and...

Didn't have to clean poop!

Did I say that right?

No Poop!

Okay, so now I've jinxed myself. I fed her, put her out--carried her out, basically--and left her outside for the half hour it takes me to get ready. Then back in the cage and guess what?

When I got home after work, early at about six--I--

Didn't have to clean poop!

I don't expect this miracle tomorrow because when I put her out tonight it started raining after 45 minutes and she seemed terrified of the rain. Well, maybe not terrified--but very, very anxious about it. I sat on the steps with her for ten minutes or so and it didn't stop, so I brought her in.

If I'd waited just five minutes longer it would have stopped, but I didn't know that so I guess I'll leave it. Maybe.

The other variable in the equation is the amount of time I waited after feeding her and putting her out. This time it was immediately--yesterday it was probably a half-hour; I didn't note it down. I pretty much need it to be immediately on account of my morning schedule.

So, I'll see if this works tomorrow. Get up at 7:20. Clean cage if needed. Feed dog. Doze on couch while she eats. Put dog out. Get dressed for work. Bring dog in. Go to work.

The bad news is, rain is forecasted for tomorrow morning again. But I'm not going to worry about that now--since when did Texas weather forecasters get anything right?

No comments: