Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 124 of Dog & delight over dinner

I gave up waiting for them to eat their breakfast this morning at approximately 10:54 a.m. I pulled a slice of turkey out of the fridge, divided it in thirds, and cut it into very thin slivers and mixed it with their food. They're all eating now.

The to-do list for the day is growing absurdly long. Among other impossible expectations, I've planned to make two dinners tonight--one to eat now and one to refrigerate for later in the week. I'm trying to improve the kids' diets--it seems like for the last month or more they've been alternating between the same two nutrionionally devoid meals all week long. An occasional meal of barbeque on white bread with potato chips and pickles isn't so bad, but not three times a week!

Later--8pm. I just created something and it was awesome. I made this sphaghetti sauce I found on line, sauteed some veggies to go in it, made meatballs and penne pasta and put it all together. It'll be supper tomorrow. And I must say it--it was the best spaghetti sauce I ever tasted. The smell was tomatoes on steroids. The meat was from grass-fed cows and pigs from Local Yokel--a little over one pound ground beef and one-half pound ground pork. It has a whole different color and texture from CAFO beef.

Sorry I didn't get a picture of it but I will tomorrow.

For supper tonight they had tacos made with the grass-fed beef. I tasted a bit--good, real good. The ground beef didn't have half of the grease that grocery store beef does.

No comments: