Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 137 lonely dog days

Bad human! Puppy got almost no attention today--I was working outside and then had to make a run to pick up beef (free-range) and chicken from Local Yokel. Then Callie talked me into a movie and a Half-Price Books run.

Tomorrow will be better--it better be. I did most of the jobs outdoors that had to be done today but I totally omitted the grocery shopping and plant-buying from the schedule. Instead I...replanted lettuce, radishes, spinach and beets in the spots where they'd failed to come up. Transplanted herbs and planted some herb seed. Covered up some potato pieces I'd missed the other night--I'm surprised nothing ate them. Transplanted a whole lot of strawberry plants that had started as runners the season before. And planted a row of beans.
And mowed out front--a miracle because I hadn't expected
the lawnmower to start.

But now, at the end of a long day looking forward to eating
a bunch of the lettuce that came up as a volunteer from last
year's plants--I can't get to it. There's an owl in the garden.
I just can't stand to disturb her.

No comments: