Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 143 the weekend warrior wails

What new and unusual task shall I set her today? I have plenty of time to think about it--the gardening list in springtime grows abounds. Like the weeds.

Later.

I'm worn out with a capital W. I think it was the sun and the temperature--mid-seventies. But I got most of my list done--green beens planted, half of the purple hull peas planted (I only plant half at a time, on purpose--that way if inclemnt weather strike, I have a better chance of keeping half of the crop.) All of the tomatoes so far got planted and everything got the soil stirred up where the hard crust from last weeks' rain had the little seedlings land-locked.

Did I mention the potatoes are up? Some of them, at least! I'm thinking that next week I'll cut up that bag of potatoes in the pantry and fill in the gaps with them.

My Izzy got a little brushing today but I'll have to put her on a leash tomrorow so she'll stand up and let me finish the job.

No comments: