Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Book #90 was a bit of a bummer




I picked up the wrong book at the library--it was supposed to be All Of A Kind Family by Sydney Taylor, but instead I got All Of A Kind Family Uptown. A sequel, one of many.  I don't think I'm going to finish it.  The reading level is about fourth grade and I could knock it off in an hour, but why?

I don't mean anything negative by this, it's simply lack of interest.  At this point in my reading life, the book has nothing to offer me.  If I were an eight-year-old girl I'd be happy with it--maybe not as much as with Harriet The Spy or one of the Danny Dunn series, but happy enough to search out the rest of the series.  They're sweet little books about a family of kids growing up in New York in the years after World War II...oh, shoot!  I do need to read them for historical data.  This one was published in 1958.

Erase that!  The time period for the book was during the war, not after it.  It turned out to be pretty good--for an eight-year-old audience.

No comments: