Sunday, November 3, 2013

Movies and books, what a life?


("semi-spoiler alert--skip this if you haven't seen it.)


Ender's Game was a movie I had to see because I'd liked the book so much.  Although they left out the brother/sister subplot, they put everything else in...or at least, they tried to.  As hard as they tried, they didn't quite get it across.

I was sorry not to see it, but there it wasn't.  It takes true genius to draw in pictures what can best be told in words.  It's nearly impossible to show--by face and words and even dreams--the tortured, twisted mind of a abused kid who fought only when he had to...and fought with the goal of making sure that the enemy was never able to hurt him again.

On a lighter note, I'm still stuck on Fables.  The library seems to have them up through volume 15 or so, so it's easy enough to pick up a couple each time I stop by.  This one,

Fables vol. 8 Wolves

...was sweet.  You might even say syrupy.  I didn't mind, but I did have to cover up an, "Ahhh" or two.



No comments: