Sunday, April 27, 2014

My new favorite teen book author


Caroline B. Cooney

The only bad thing about Hit The Road was that it was so fast moving I couldn't stop to think.  I raced through the ending so fast, I had to read it over next day.  I may read the whole thing over tomorrow. 

Ever liked a movie so much that you stayed seated and watched it a second time?  For me, as an adult, yes--Revenge Of The Nerds.  And that's the way this book struck me.  The driving scenes are hilarious--nearly getting smeared by a semi at seventy miles-per-hour; lanes that narrow down so dramatically you almost lose a mirror; construction codes ahead and--

Your Mom calls.

(The above paragraph may seem like a spoiler, but trust me, it won't spoil anything.  It just keeps getting better.)

And they say Americans can't do comedy!

No comments: