Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb


This is going to be a hard one.  I disliked The Fetch--but I had to finish it.  Does that mean I liked it a little?

I kept going because I needed to hear the end...but in between the beginning and the end was a whole lot of packing peanuts.  And it got so repetitive about halfway through that I started wondering, "Where was the editor?  You already said that!   And Calder's endless soul-searching...ugh!  I know it was part of the story and a necessary part, but it got really old really quickly.

I was going to give this a one-star rating (did not like) but the ending was kind of cool.  And...as I said...I did finish it.   The plot was clever--the imagery cool even if dragged into the dirt sometimes--and Rasputin was marvelously conflicted.

So Ill give it three, but I do think the author should find a better editor and "tighten up" the next episode.


No comments: