Friday, June 27, 2014

Back to adventures in vegan dining

I checked out La Madeleine's grilled veggie sandwich with tomato basil pasta salad.  To make it truly vegan, I would have had to hold the Swiss cheese but I got confused by the menu.  I was afraid that if I held the cheese I'd have held the basil pesto too.

Verdict?  Flavorless.  Without the cheese it would have been nothingness.  The bread was good and thick and soft and crusty, but the vegetables were ultra-sparse.  Nearly nonexistent. 

And the pasta salad, well...I should have known better.  I need to remember that to most people, "pasta salad" simply means a cold pasta dish.  It is not salad.  I think salad means something with vegetables.   I think I detected a bit of tomato in there and possibly a mince of parsley, but I had to really really try.

The only other option I have is the tuna croissant.  Which of course means butter.  Obviously butter isn't vegan, but it'snot a major issue in my diet, either.  I'm mainly trying to get the cheese and milk out.  Life without butter wouldn't be worth living.

Next time.

No comments: