Monday, August 18, 2014

Food but...

 Come back tomorrow--I'll have photos of Callie at A-fest.

New food of the week - agave nectar.  Never again.  I bought it without considering the environmental impact of adding mass-scale agave farming to the globe. Why would I prefer such a trendy disaster to maple syrup or sorghum molasses?  Plus, I could probably find a non-GMO organic version of cane syrup if I tried.  I love cane syrup.


The weekend's cooking roundup produced a very grumpy cook, a lot of dirty dishes, and China Study Recipe #24, Greek Salad.   The salad wasn't bad but not good enough to try again, however, I did enjoy getting to use up half of the pine nuts taking space in my freezer.  (Next day note: with the addition of Maine Coast Sea Salt with Sea Vegetables, the salad was a whole lot better!)


And to add a minor gripe--buying pre-packaged salad greens at a Wal-Mart supercenter?  Bad Idea. They were old and 1/3 rotten. Again, never again.

No comments: