Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Still way behind on the reading challenge



Scarlett by Marissa Meyer


Okay, I messed up on this series.  I thought it was a trilogy, but when I finished Scarlett I went back and checked--there's a fourth one on the way.   This one was better than Cinder, although I'll admit that I was reading it this time, rather than listening to the audiobook.  That may have made the difference.

The story is pure, solid science fiction, and the borrowing of "roles" from fairy tales is sort of like a joke.  A spice of well-executed comic relief!   I'm learning to love Marissa Meyer and I think it's a crying shame that her books are shelved next to "that other author's" with  cover art of a confusing similarity.  For shame!  These books can stand on their own.

Anyway, I'm a little bit sad to know that the battle between the Earthens and the the evil queen Levana of the Lunars won't end in Cress (which I've already started reading!), but that's only because I'm so very engrossed in the story.  When it eventually does end, I'll be sorry.

No comments: