Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton





It's been a while since I've gotten so emotionally involved with a book.  I didn't take it to work with me--that would have been too much temptation--so I looked forward every day to coming home to it.  But by the time I got all the necessary house work done--dog walking, dishes, helping teenagers with the sewing machine--I only had time to read a short section before bedtime.  That made it last a long time for such a short book.

On the other hand, every time I picked it up, I felt a little apprehension.  Something bad is sure to happen today.  It can't go on this sweet and idyllic...that wouldn't be real, and this is real.

I won't say any more--can't.  In short, a young woman falls in love with Wyoming, moves there, picks up odd jobs to pay the bills, and adopts a baby coyote.  It's not a travel book but it chronicles a journey--for both of them--with an unexpected ending.  (For me.)

No comments: