Wednesday, May 10, 2017

State of the Garden Report addendum

First 13 minute mile and first tomato--same day!   It was that gold-something hybrid I had to get in place of what I wanted, which was Sungold.  That vine is getting awful yellow at the bottom, and so is one of the others, but most of them look great.  So I won't worry too much.

I touched it to see if it was loose and it fell into my hand.  As I headed back to the house with it, rolling it about between my fingers to rub off the fuzz, suddenly the thought occurred, "I could eat this."  And then it was in my mouth. 

Only later did I realize I hadn't taken a picture.  But never mind--it has a sibling out there.

Instead of a tomato picture, I present this.  My cooking adventure--Nori Pesto Soba With Greens from Veggie Num Num.  It could have been good if I hadn't put some wasabi powder in.  All that did was give it a dry, gritty feel.  Some chopped Thai chili pepper or jalapeno would have been better.




No comments: