Monday, May 15, 2017

State of the Garden Report

First, let me explain.  As I transplanted the tomatoes, I carefully laid the little stake that tells the variety of each plant on the ground beside its owner.  When I was finished, I carefully gathered them up, in order, into a little stack, and laid it on the porch.  Later I went through and transcribed the names into my notepad, in order, so I'd have a record of which plants were where.

Then I deleted it all.  I'd miscounted the number of plants in each row and so realized that I hadn't a clue where each plant really was.  And the ordered stack of names had been dumped into a bag.

So now I know what I have, but I haven't a clue where it is.  Which is why I have no answer for this picture:







What the heck variety is so amazingly prolific?  I can rule out San Marzano, Roma, Grape, Super Sweet 100, and Yellow Cherry.  So it is a Carnival, Black Krim, Celebrity, Cherokee Purple, Mortgage Lifter, or Champion?  Will they taste good?




In other exciting news, I found this:









and this:

  and this:
  where okra was supposed to be.  The red thing is a sprinkler hose, the gray stuff is a hole. A hole lot of  dirt.
Armadillo, maybe?  I will be replanting--hope it's not too late.

But I'm sure it wasn't this amusing creature who came in on my lettuce/kale harvest.  Isn't he adorable?  I'm sure he'd never, never eat my crops.


No comments: