Thursday, June 15, 2017

Blogs on paper. Well...Kindle. Close enough.

I just want to pee alone: A Collection of Humorous Essays by Kick Ass Mom Bloggers
by

It seems like just a few days ago when I was whining about not wanting to read any more collections of short essays by various writers. The writers didn't seem motivated to try very hard and none of the writings were personal, thoughtful, or even very funny.

Then this came along.  It does 'personal' and 'funny' to a delightful degree and there's even a sprinkle of 'thoughtful' on top.  Is there a reason for that?  I dunno, but it could be that these are blog authors--aka aspiring writers--rather than people who make a living at writing.  But I'm not sure. I think these guys were just delighted by a chance to write for publication, so they put their best foot forward and dove in head first.

And funny it was. I listed at least seven 'mom' blogs that I wanted to check out.  But since that's such a subjective list, I'll leave it to you to choose your own.



No comments: