Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Great history; not so mystery

The Gown:
A Novel of the Royal Wedding
by Jennifer Robson

Absolutely great! Assuming you're a person with respect for handicrafts, a passion for history and enormous nosiness (call it curiosity) about people's lives, you are sure to love this. Yes, the "mystery" was pretty obvious--you'll guess it from the beginning--but the adventure of uncovering it was a pleasure.

I won't recap the plot; you can read the book cover. But I will only say that the author took three different women and made them all into voices you wanted to hear and stories you wanted to know. The narrator of the audiobook helped a lot with that--cheers go to Marisa Calin--you rock! But I suspect that even if I'd read the words on paper I'd have adored this book.

No comments: