Friday, December 18, 2020

So good a way to fill in jogging time

 So Done

by Paula Chase

Okay, I'm clearly not the target audience for this book. But I needed an audiobook for jogging and my audible.com monthly subscription book wasn't due for another week. So I did something I seldom need to do--browse the library's available ebooks with a very broad search criteria.

I came up with the YA book, So Done. It's simply a teenage coming of age story about a couple of best friends who grow apart over the summer. It's told in alternating points of view, from each of them. And it's very well written, with people you absolutely love and hate and feel like you've known them all your life.

But as much as I enjoyed it at the time, it left me feeling empty. The ending was too sweet and easy, and there wasn't any meat to the tale. I might do another of her books if I'm every hard up for listening material, but probably not.

No comments: