Saturday, December 19, 2020

Stockton Dog Mysteries #7-9

High in Trial
Double Dog Dare
Home of the Brave

by Donna Ball



These books are great, absolutely great. Each has a uniquely formulated plot, so while the humans and dogs are the same in each, the criminals and bit characters are all different and convincing in the roles they have to play. They're a little too short sometimes--I want more, more more!  And they're extremely fast moving, so they just don't last long enough for me.

I can only think of one tiny suggestion for the author--don't telegraph the bad stuff with little one-line teasers. You know the sort--if only I had known then....  Little did I know that might be my last chance. Blah. They're irritating and purposeless. Frankly, she writes too well to need that sort of nonsense. Luckily, she only does it once per book that I've noticed.

No comments: