Tuesday, October 18, 2022

A sequel almost as good as the first

Murder With Puffins
by Donna Andrews


Same characters and same murder mystery format as her first book, but so very different. Meg and her (finally) significant other try to take a quiet vacation on a remote island, where, incidentally, bird watchers have descended in hordes and a hurricane is blowing through.

I enjoyed this almost as much as I did the first one, Murder with Peacocks, and since I gave that one a 5-star rating then you can guess this will be at least 4.75. Same humor, complicated mystery, whacky characters that make you smile just by walking in a room. And the only thing lacking is that the element of surprise is missing, since she did reuse the same people. But I suspect that as I get to know them better, by reading more books of the rather lengthy series, that will make the books even better.

No comments: