Monday, October 24, 2022

Or maybe not

Bridges Burned
by Annette Dashofy

Hard to say. The mystery was good. But on reading the reviews, I'd gotten the impression that the relationship thingy between the heroine paramedic and the police chief was going to put it over the edge for me...in a good way....

No.  It just made me not like either of them very much. They were both so quick to call it quits and so stubborn about apologies. Not sensible and not even endearingly flawed. Maybe if I knew more of the backstory they both were bringing to the relationship, I might have understood them better.

That aside, with the mystery and the action being as good as they were, if there had only been a little more paramedic-type detail I'd have happily looked for the next book in the series. As it is, it stands as a big, confusing, maybe.

No comments: