Sunday, February 5, 2023

Page turner, edge-of-seat, scary, etc...

 Blood On the Tracks
by Barbara Nickless


I don't usually read thrillers, but I made an exception for this one because it was about a K-9 cop, actually a railroad K-9 cop who was also an ex-Marine haunted by the ghosts of her past. Probably not literal ghosts, although you have to wonder, sometimes.

It was very highly rated, and when I get done adding my own rating, it will be even higher. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. Smashing characters, a whole lot of action and backstory and front-story and absorbing plot throughout. I
can't say enough good things about this.

And only one negative, maybe--it was a little too gory. But no more than it needed to be. Not a book to read late at night in a creaking house on a windy night.  Or anywhere that scary nutcase killers might lurk.  

Interesting...I've been known to ding an author for the gratuitous use of unnecessary violence, but I won't ding her. All of the gratuitous violence was necessary.

No comments: