Friday, June 30, 2023

A wrapup of some overdue reviews

 In Season: Cooking with Vegetables and Fruits

I don't remember enough about this to review it, but I rather think I didn't like it. So it will remain unrated and unreviewed. 

 

 

The Something Girl


Jodi Taylor can do no wrong!  Spoiler warning: the ending might make you cry. It did me.

But I didn't mind because the journey along the way to the end was twisty and turny; painfully sad and endearingly sweet; sometimes subtle and sometimes in-your-face hilarious.  The people Ms. Taylor invents are great--crazy great. Better in this series (in my opinion) than in the more popular Chronicles of St. Mary's--that one had great plots and superb action, but few of the characters stayed around long enough for me to enjoy them. They kept dying in gruesome ways.

Not so here. There was a tiny bit of pain, but it was mostly light and sweet.





No comments: