Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Mammoth Takes Mother to Port A, Day 9

  Wednesday 17 May

The journey today was supposed to be a three-hour jaunt from Meridian to Burns Run East COE Campground. Somehow I made it into a four hour plus route--I took a little detour to avoid the road we'd taken the day before into Glen Rose. Yes, it was an "FM" road, but I'd forgotten we'd taken it and it had been fine, so I detoured around it and we ended up behind two big dump trucks that took forever. And then into road construction and more junk, so the trip was pretty lengthy altogether.

I have the exact times but not in front of me, so I can't write them down. Anyway, it took a longer than it should have.

But we survived, and then I had a nice (only not so awfully nice) long jog with Molly. There's nowhere much to go here--it's just the typical Corp. park on the side of a lake. Only this lake is Lake Texoma, so it's huge, and this campground appears to be mostly brand new and very, very nice. Full of birds, too--

Mockingbirds. Baltimore Orioles, Killdeer. Red-Winged Blackbirds. Several unidentified little warbler like birds. a tiny sandpiper at water's edge. Cuckoos. White-winged doves. Canada Geese, adults and cute little chicks. and a female turkey crossing the road.


Plus tons of turtles, including this one who sat around in the sun all afternoon.

Ed and his Mother did, too. Only in their case, in the shade.

 

 

And I had the long jog. Then we ate at Texas Roadhouse in Sherman.  Zack had diarrhea attacks, one before supper and one after. We're worried.

No comments: