Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Gardening in my Roots, Early March

I have ten lovely, fat asparagus spears up, on the old plants. Some plants (crowns) have multiple spears, others none at all. I cannot bear to cut any of them.  Some more of the new plants I put in this year are coming up, too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lettuce is struggling up--


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What few peas came up out of the ground are climbing at a good clip


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the beets are looking okay. I'm trying the experiment of putting the row cover over half of them but leaving the other half out to the elements. So far it looks like the ones under the row cover are doing better. The temperatures are a little too warm for beets--upper seventies in the day--but they should be okay as long as I keep them watered.



No comments: