Thursday, March 7, 2024

Review: Ex'd Out: A Melanie Bass Mystery

by Christine Falcone
    
I found myself enjoying this pretty much. I couldn't put it down, which is a good sign, except that I'm kind of in a mood right how where nothing much makes me happy except reading, and this sort of light fluff is exactly what I want.  So it may be too light and fluffy for a normal reader.

The main character is not a real detective, which is kind of a downer. But she is a home health care aide (or is it nurse?  yes, I think so) and that part of her life is very interesting. But the murder mystery moved right along and the characters introduced show great promise.

To the nitpicky reader, I must give one quick warning--the author repeats herself. Not in big things, but little ones--from time I found myself reading a bit of backstory or description that made me stop and shake my head...didn't I already read this?  Yep, I did. Where's the editor when you need one?

No comments: