Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Review: The Longmire Defense


The Longmire Defense
by Craig Johnson

I chose this mystery, book 19 in the series, because it was about an older guy (I'm older) who was still working despite his age (I work on my house projects) and had a dog (I do too!)  His dog is named dog, which probably implies it doesn't have a significant role in the story. And it didn't.

Some one else reviewing this book wrote:  This one felt like a return to the strengths of the series, for those who have followed Sheriff Walt from the beginning. No narco-terrorists, no supernatural stirrings ... just good old-fashioned greed and financial skulduggery.

And that pulled me in. It was exactly as described and I very much enjoyed. A little slow moving throughout, but not in a bad way.  


No comments: