Monday, May 20, 2024

Mammoth Pursues Spring Migration Day 7

Tue 16 Apr

Last day at Reelfoot Lake. I finally found a new warbler, I think--a Palm Warbler. The rusty-colored crown was significant, as well as the face pattern and the yellow "undertail coverts". I'm almost, almost sure about it.

But am I sure enough?

Yes. I saw another one later and took pictures.  (See tomorrow post)

Osprey and camp wildlife


We didn't do much, just went over to the State Park Visitor Center and walked the little boardwalk there. 

 

On the way back we stopped at a boat ramp/eagle nesting site and watched a pair of eagles who appeared to be feeding at least one fledgling. Here's the best pictures I could get, without approaching the nest, of course.


Ate at a Boyette's Dining Room.  Not bad; not great.  Very good slaw.

No comments: