Friday, May 3, 2024

Review: Late Life Adventures in London and Beyond

by Annemarie Rawson

I am embarrassed to admit that I'm abandoning this at about 40%. It's really entertaining--really entertaining--wash, rinse, and repeat. I can imagine a person enjoying this to the max, especially a person who'd traveled in the places they are traveling or who plans to do so. But for me, it just goes on and on and never gets to the door.

They go places, meet people, make friends, eat a lot of really good food. And she's very descriptive--beautifully so--with phrases like "sparkling azure sea" and "fat, sweet, juicy orange crevettes." And it's lovely, lively, likeable and any number of other ell's you can imagine.

But after a few chapters, I just got tired of all the scene changes. If I kept a copy in the bathroom for reading during my short sits, it might be perfectly suited. But not for an evening's long read.

No comments: