Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 229 - no walk yet but her nails are nicely clipped

We've been fighting the heat pump all weekend.  It just won't keep running without freezing up and I mean literally, freezing up.  Right now, the indoor temperature is halfway between uncomfortable and yuuck!   And I have to turn on the oven to make barbequed meatballs.

Re: gardening, I have a question.  Why does the simple act of growing a vegetable garden result in an inordinate amount of boiling water?  My fingers are screaming bloody murder--I blanched purple hull peas, four batches of them, and accidentally steamed my fingers each time.  Then I peeled tomatoes which means immersing the fruit in boiling water for 20-30 minutes.  And somehow my fingers kept getting between the hot pad and the steaming water.  Ow.



I'm excited about the spaghetti squash--it doesn't have to be immersed in steaming water!



If it turns out any good at all, there are several more in the garden waiting to be harvested.


No comments: