Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 230 - finally she's acting like a normal dog on a walk

Cooked my spaghetti squash yesterday and learned a valuable winter squash lesson. 
              winter squash = mature fruit
The seeds are hard.  I was supposed to remove the seeds before I scraped out the flesh.

I'm not even going to post the picture of the barbequed meatballs.  They weren't the recipe I remembered--not even close.  They were edible but not good.

Hurray!  Miss Picky Eater is eating her supper now.  It's so funny to walk dogs and have them all so intensely interested in the smell of a spot on the ground.  To my underdeveloped nose, it's just a spot on the ground.  Even if I pressed my nose into it--and trust me, there's no way I'm going to press my nose into a spot on the ground that the dogs find so interesting--

Even if I did, I'd probably smell nothing.  I smell nothing!  -Sergeant Schultz

On a prettier note, here's the sole survivor of my package of "Beneficial Bug Blend" seeds.






No comments: