Thursday, June 7, 2012


Something terrible has happened in the garden.

Not the weeds--they're terrible, all right, but two or three hours of hard labor will get them under control.
Not the tomato topping over--unless it snaps in the night, I can stake it back upright again.
Not even the purple hull peas springing out in awesome quantity.
It's the peppers.  They're....

Crossed.

I guess that's the problem--I dunno.  I planted all sweet peppers except two.  One was supposed to be a "mildly" spicy banana.  And the other a jalapeno--just one jalapeno--but here's the problem.  I forgot to sequester it at a far spot in the garden, and now--they're all hot as heck!   I picked several banana peppers yesterday and put them in a salad and...

I nearly died.

Do peppers really cross-breed like that?

No comments: