Friday, October 25, 2013

Huge, mindblowing things


Tiny Beautiful Things
Advice on Life and Love from Dear Sugar

by Cheryl Strayed


Just because a book makes you cry doesn't mean it's a great book. A book can make you cry; chuckle; laugh out loud; pause the IPod so you can think about what it said; turn the IPod completely off because it's getting too personal and you need a break before continuing...all of these things can be true and the book still not be a great book.

So what am I saying? Is this a great book or not?

I haven't a clue. I just know it made me think, really think, really think hard, really think really hard etc., about my life and the choices I've made and the choices I'm going to make in the future. I think every single person in the world should read this book at least three or four times during their lifetime. They may not always agree with her advice--but they need to hear it.

No comments: