Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rant and review

Damn Whole Foods Market is so disappointing!  Okay, they had the pork butt roast I wanted--fine.  But they didn't have any hoagie rolls and paying 2.50 apiece for avocados really got my gut, if you know what I mean.  I went ahead and bought what I had to, for supper tomorrow night and Friday.  Blah!
Maybe Callie and I will check out this Sprouts Farmer's Market.


Well, I just don't know.  After having this on my wish list for eleven months, I finally read Scott Pilgrim Vol.1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.  Do I really want to read any more of these?

Pro:  They only take about an hour.  I'm curious to see what happens next.  I think they get better as they go along.  They're shaking up my tired, old brain.

Con: They take an hour that could be spent reading something else.  There are six in the series, so that makes six hours.  I'm not liking them as much as the manga on my list, and the manga is something I can share with my daughter.  I'm not "getting" any of the video game references.

Okay...one more.  Next time I go to the Davis library, I'll get #2.


No comments: