Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nancy Farmer's third book of the trilogy


                                       
                                                The Islands of the Blessed


had a very strange ending that almost made me change my overall opinion. (For the better.)  But I won't...it was good to visit with Jack and Thorgil again and go on an adventure; it was good to meet up with old friends and share a song; but overall, it was too much icing on a third batch of cupcakes.   It was a satisfying conclusion to the series, but not a really good book on its own merits.

I suspect many will disagree with me and that's okay.  I was just disappointed--there wasn't much that was new, intriguing, or awesome; the characters didn't grow; the plot seemed just to plod along.  Sorry.

No comments: