Saturday, February 24, 2018

Recipe Reduction #174



 

Indian Curry Paste
(Very upset that I've lost the link to the author)




 No suspense here: win, win, win!  It came out spicy, rich, warm, and full of complex, complimentary flavors. When it was finished, I added a half can of light coconut milk and some veggies and simmered them until tender.

Although it was a simple recipe, I put the laptop on the counter and consulted it often. Just once, I wanted to get this right.

Does this look golden brown to you? I would have said it was more like dark mustard.





Then I added the tomatoes; they were supposed to 'melt' but I don't know that that meant. They were supermarket Romas; if they'd have been home grown they probably would have melted. So would I--in ecstacy.











And here's the finished product. Magnifique!




No comments: