Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Recipe Reduction #184

Chickpeas Romesco
adapted by someone from Veganomicon
 
How's that for a weeknight dish? 45 minutes from start to simmer.  But--looking at how simple it was, I'd have estimated 20 minutes. Here's what it took:

Mince a little scallion and hot pepper and garlic--but you have to double that time because I forgot the garlic and had to do it separately. Open two cans. Roast and peel, tediously, a red bell pepper. Grind almonds into powder with an electric chopper. (Should have used the spice grinder, but I saved a step by using the chopper for the bell pepper, too.) Chop up some fresh rosemary because my dried rosemary had lost its stuff. Throw it all in a pan; turn on the heat. Simmer. Smile.

This Recipe Regimen may have been a bad idea. I just counted--326 days to go / 184 recipes to go. That's still four recipes per week.  And I just found six buried in a folder labeled "save for later".  Should have been labeled "save for when I go insane." Like this: Stuffed Pumpkin!!! Who did I think I was going to stuff it for, Vegetarian Santa Claus?

If I'd culled them out before I started, they'd be gone with no apology. Now, according to the rules of the game, I have to replace them.

No comments: