Monday, February 19, 2018

Roots & Things

Seeds are up!!!
I waddled around in the mud Saturday with my camera, and I didn't even need the zoom feature to locate this:


Spinach--those first peculiar leaves, unlike almost anything else in the sprouting world.


Radish, lettuce, and mesclun were up, too, and with a great deal of zoom and careful cropping, peas! 
There's a lot of pea-like sprouts in there--probably the Hairy Vetch I planted for a winter cover crop. But these are the real thing!




The weather map is predicting an unusually rainy week. Not impossible, especially in spring. I need to finish transplanting and planting NOW. In the mud. Ug.

Later:
I did it. I transplanted about half of the kale, broccoli, kohrabi and bok choi. I finished the beets and lettuce and even planted the potatoes and the dill. In the wrong place, but what the heck. I never succeed with dill anyway.













No comments: