Sunday, April 8, 2018

#2 in my addiction


A Fountain Filled With Blood
by Julia Spencer Fleming

Since I'm in love with this series, I won't be able to describe it rationally. I liked this book even better than the first--dogs! Helicopters! Russ' mother! And I don't remember being off-put by excessive lovelornity or too many coincidences. Coincidences happen; but in mystery fiction, coincidences happen.  Lots.

It's normal and to be expected, but too many coincidences can ruin an otherwise enjoyable mystery. Not the case here.

I am curious if the author plans to age her characters. The first book occurred in winter; this one occurs the following summer.  In the next one I've started, it's winter again. So are her characters a year older?  (If no one tells me, I'll be content to wait and see.)



No comments: