Monday, April 30, 2018

More mystery, murder and morass of personality---love it!

All Mortal Flesh
by Julia Spencer Fleming

The villain of this latest rollercoaster ride is a "statie"--an investigator from the state police who specializes in cases of coverups and crooked cops.  And of course Russ Van Alstyne, whose wife was killed in his own house after she kicked him out, is the prime target.  You have to hate her.

And on the Claire Fergusson side of the fence, she's been assigned her own investigative nightmare--a deacon sent from the diocese to help out with the church work...or keep an eye on her.

With all these distractions, will they manage to find the real villain?

I'm happy to write that she's taken the murder off screen, which is where I prefer to leave it.  But there's plenty of action left for the narrative.  I'm not exactly back in love with the series yet, but still I had the next book in my ears less than a day after this one finished.

No comments: