Sunday, August 5, 2018

Recipe Reduction Time Again, 67-66.





Vegan Pumpkin Bread Pudding
by Susan Hoisin

Wow, oh wow. My bread was too soft and I didn't have apple cider for the sauce, but still this was gorgeous. And rich, too, with no more fat that that found in a cup of almond-coconut milk. I think the little bit of cooked pumpkin fooled my taste buds into thinking it was full of eggs and cream.

Find it here: https://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2013/11/vegan-pumpkin-bread-pudding.html  and you, too, can join Team Pudding!



Broiled Lemon-Honey Arctic Char with Citrus Sauce
By Alexandra Stafford

If it's okay to substitute ingredients and still say you made a recipe, then I made this recipe. I didn't actually have any Arctic Char, but I substituted farmed white fish and it was really good, so shoot me.  I'm going to add her citrus topping to my ongoing list of things you can put on top of fish before baking it into awesomeness. Or broiling it, as she did.  Since the fish didn't actually brown, and neither did the topping, I don't see much difference between baking versus broiling, except baking is easier.  I'd have to try it to be sure, and I will.

Sadly, despite spending hours Sunday afternoon in the kitchen, I only made three recipes. easy ones, too. To finish on time I need to do four recipes each week.

No comments: