Saturday, August 18, 2018

So-so story of a truly blessed event--sort of

Seven from Heaven: The Miracle of the McCaughey Septuplets
by Kenny McCaughey, Bobbi McCaughey, Gregg Lewis

The parents take turns telling this tale of fertility treatments gone wild.

It's funny how that people may not want something, but once they get it they cling to it as fiercely as if they needed it in the first place. I certainly didn't want four cats--I don't know that I wanted any cats--but after they came in the house then I couldn't turn them out.

Apparently it's the same way with babies. Very interesting.

Not as great a book as I'd hoped; I kind of got the impression that everyone was telling them "Oh, you got to write a book about that" and so they did. But it wasn't one of Cheryl Strayed's "Beating heart that you have to rip out of your chest" kind of books.

No comments: