Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Gardening In My Roots, Rainy Season

 That appears to be what we're experiencing. The garden rows are separated by little lakes, and only mid-calf waterproof boots are letting me wade through.

This amazing Bok Choy is a puzzlement to me. I planted tons of Bok Choy and Brocolli in little pots indoors, and nursed it along. It did not do well at all. When I finally transplanted it outside, sometime in March, it was two inches high and sorry looking. 


The brocolli all died. But at the same time I transplanted the Bok Choy, I filled in the empty spaces in the garden with seeds. So...that's the puzzle. Are the two amazingly beautiful healthy plants (one shown above) from the ones I transplanted, or the ones I started from seed?

The picture below shows what happens when you ignore green bean plants. The experts say you should never touch your bean plants when they're wet--it spreads diseases--so what could I do? They've been wet continuously for over two weeks!


So I picked them. Hang the experts.

No comments: