Monday, May 24, 2021

Mammoth Carries Children, Part 2

Friday April 9, 2021- Monday April 12
Sea Rim State Park

If you recall, we were here approximately one year ago at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. A governor's order sent us headed home after one night of camping. I'd had this trip re-planned for six months and had no intention on cancelling it again.



We think the site was next to the one we'd had previously. It seemed higher in elevation than the other because, at this one, we could see the ocean from the picnic table. Just as before, the ocean was wonderful; choppy sometimes, a bit chilly, awesome. I saw very little of it.


It was windy the whole time we were there, which helped with the mosquitos.

 

So here's what we did for four days: diapers; breakfast;

 

 

 

go down to the ocean and play on the edge:


 

 

 

 

 come back to Mammoth and do lunch; 

naptime (jogging for me!!!); afternoon walk;



dinner; bed. 


I don't really remember all four days. On one of them my jog took me around the day use area and past the brackish, shallow pools where signs proclaimed "Do not crab near alligators".  I saw movement in the water and realized I--or at least, Molly--was being tracked by one. A small and very active alligator. Later Ed came down to the edge and induced the little gator to swim all the way across the pool to where he was standing.

That's an alligator below:


There were birds here and there, but nothing spectacular. Just the Sanderlings, Pelicans and gulls. I mostly just left the binoculars in the bag and didn't frustrate myself.
This is our campsite.


Clowning with my stuff:

No comments: