Monday, May 31, 2021

Mammoth goes on a rather boring trip

Monday 10 May 2021

So here we are at Crane's Mill Park COE campground, visiting Bob & T. It wasn't a bad drive but still took over five hours. Here we are going through Fort Worth:



I think going through Austin would have been preferable than detouring around it, because we ended up in a lot of traffic on smaller roads. Maybe next time we'll take the "Pickle Parkway" and pay the outrageous tolls.

We're getting ready to eat dinner and we'll go visit Bob & T in the morning. I saw a bunch of gulls on the water, and just now (at 6:00) a flock of ducks flew by, with distinctive white patches in the wings. There were about 10-15 of them. I've no idea what they were of course--didn't have the binoculars because I was talking on the phone. Typical.

I'm still having trouble writing trip descriptions. This is a place we've been to before and didn't particularly want to return to. I looked up a bunch of locations to search for the Golden Cheeked Warbler, but I'm not sure when or how to explore them. Not too enthusiastic about anything. Sorry.

No comments: